Date: January 31 – February 2, 2023
This workshop is applicable for anyone who is new to, or has an interest in, pipeline regulations; those who could use a refresher; or anyone who needs a better understanding of recent changes and developments in pipeline regulations, including PHMSA Advisory Bulletins and new, pending and proposed rulemakings.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Our popular 3-day workshop provides participants with an overview of Gas and Liquid pipeline operations, engineering concepts and compliance requirements, as well as a clear understanding of how the regulatory process works.
WORKSHOP TOPICS INCLUDE:
- An overview of DOT/OPS pipeline compliance requirements in 49 CFR 191, 192, 194, 195, and 199
- State and Federal agency roles for pipeline safety
- PHMSA Jurisdiction
- PHMSA Inspections and Enforcement Processes
- Engineering Concepts and Stress – Strain Relationships; %SMYS
- Design Requirements
- Construction Requirements
- Corrosion Control Concepts and Requirements
- Operations and Maintenance Requirements
- Emergency Response Requirements
- Damage Prevention Programs
- Operator Qualification Programs
- Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Public Awareness Programs
- Integrity Management (gas and liquid) Programs
- Control Room Management Programs
Our trainer will proceed through the curriculum at a pace consistent with the class. Breakfast is available as early as 7:30 AM and class will start at 8 AM. Lunch is served around 11:30 AM with breaks for coffee and snacks throughout the day. The class will conclude each day around 5 PM.
HOTEL & PARKING INFO
We have a relationship with the Lancaster Hotel, however, we do not hold blocks of rooms anywhere. The most convenient parking is available at 811 Louisiana St., which is right next door with tunnel access.